Good grass and abundant crops start with healthy soil. If you are curious as to why your pasture yields have decreased and weeds have increased since your livestock came to the farm, it is time to test your soil. If you are having issues with crops or are establishing new beds or orchards, it is time to test your soil.
Agricultural Soil Test Program Specifics:
- Eligible landowners can receive a free soil test if they sign up for a site visit with a Farm/Resource Planner.
- Once test results are received, a follow-up consultation and nutrient management plan may be provided.
- Soil tests are conducted seasonally during spring and early fall depending on what you want to know:
- Spring soil tests tell you what nutrients are needed for crop establishment or pasture health for the coming growing season
- Fall soil tests tell you what your crop has used over the growing season and if you are efficiently applying nutrients in the spring
Contact Carrie Brausieck at 425-377-7014 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free soil test.