Please sign-up for notifications below to stay up-to-date on all rain barrel news and events.
Thanks so much for your interest and enthusiasm for our rain barrel program! Rain barrels are simple way to collect rain water that may be used during times of drought to help save you money and conserve water. They also help divert water away from your home.
Questions? Please call 425-335-5634 or email outreach(at)snohomishcd.org.
Why rain barrels?
Rain water is a free resource, that otherwise runs off of our rooftops and down the drain, or the ditch. Rain barrels and cisterns require little maintenance and are a great way to save money and conserve water as a natural resource.
With a rain barrel you can:
- Cut your household use of water during the hot summer months.
- Water your plants with chlorine-free rainwater that they prefer.
- Clean your car, bike, tools, etc. without ever using the faucet.
- Provide water to livestock.
- Save money on water bills.
- Protect local streams and Puget Sound.
Watch and learn:
Learn more about building and installing rain barrels in this great video series!
- How to Build: A Rain Barrel
- How to Build: Multi-Barrel Rain Water Collection System
- Rain Water Collection Cistern Examples in Puget Sound
Looking for information on how to install and care for your rain barrel? Hop on over to this page to learn more.