Update: Apologies, our rain barrel supply for our May 12 one-day sale has sold out.
Thanks so much for your interest, we're so surprised by the number of pre-orders coming in! So we're a happy-sad mix of emotions to announce that the rain barrel supply for our May 12 one-day sale has sold out. Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm for our rain barrel program!
Questions? Please call 425-335-5634 or email outreach(at)snohomishcd.org.
Please sign-up for notifications below to stay up-to-date on all rain barrel news and events.
Why rain barrels?
Rain water is a free resource, that otherwise runs off of our rooftops and down the drain, or the ditch. Rain barrels and cisterns require little maintenance and are a great way to save money and conserve water as a natural resource.
With a rain barrel you can:
- Cut your household use of water during the hot summer months.
- Water your plants with chlorine-free rainwater that they prefer.
- Clean your car, bike, tools, etc. without ever using the faucet.
- Provide water to livestock.
- Save money on water bills.
- Protect local streams and Puget Sound.
Watch and learn:
Learn more about building and installing rain barrels in this great video series!
- How to Build: A Rain Barrel
- How to Build: Multi-Barrel Rain Water Collection System
- Rain Water Collection Cistern Examples in Puget Sound
Looking for information on how to install and care for your rain barrel? Hop on over to this page to learn more.