Working at Snohomish Conservation District
Working for a Conservation District is a great experience! We get to work with motivated landowners, dedicated professionals, well-respected leaders in conservation, and with students just starting their careers.
The District offers a supportive and vibrant work environment with opportunities to grow in your career and state benefits for permanent positions. We hope you will consider joining our team!
Veterans Conservation Corps Crew Member
For a more visual description of this role at our organization, click here.
Veteran Conservation Corps Crew Internship with the Snohomish Conservation District
This position will work on a 4-person field crew under the supervision of the Snohomish Conservation District’s (SCD) Community Conservation Team. The crew will work with landowners on stormwater resource concerns within urban and residential areas of Snohomish County and Camano Island, and in rural areas doing restoration planting and maintenance. Work will include rain garden construction, rain barrel system construction, planting, brush cutting, and other outdoor work.
- Work week is Monday-Thursday, 7am-5pm
- Pay is in the form of a $2,000 monthly stipend
- Two consecutive 4-month terms
- Term 1: March 1st - June 30th
- Term 2: ASAP - October 31st
- Currently accepting applications for Term 2. Crew members in good standing at the completion of Term 1 may elect to stay on for Term 2
- All safety equipment (gloves, hard hats, eye protection, ear protection, etc.) is provided
- Must be a United States military veteran to be eligible for this position
- Must have dependable transportation to and from the Snohomish Conservation District office
- Must be able to work Monday-Thursday, 7am-5pm
All applicants must pass a background check. To apply to this job, send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to: Kim Pham, Veterans Conservation Corps Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Veterans Conservation Corps, contact: Kim Pham, Veterans Conservation Corps Internship Coordinator at email@example.com.
For more information about the job requirements, contact: Cameron Coronado, Snohomish Conservation District at firstname.lastname@example.org / 425-377-7009.