We have a rich and diverse history
Snohomish Conservation District has a long-standing history of collaboration and technical assistance to the agriculture and forestry communities. In response to the critical need for the protection of Puget Sound, a unique and precious feature of northwest Washington, as well as a vast network of salmonid streams and rivers, SCD has developed an urban and suburban program that exemplifies our heritage of working with partners and landowners on land and water resource concerns. Our programs have grown to include low impact development, Firewise communities, backyard wildlife habitat and on-site septic programs and natural yard care.
Our mission: Snohomish Conservation District's mission is to work cooperatively with others to promote and encourage conservation and responsible use of natural resources.
- has evolved and will continue to evolve.
- has used adaptive management to address natural resource concerns.
- has been willing to change methods, procedures, and practices to increase its effectiveness and efficiency.
- has been recognized locally, within the State of Washington, and nationally, for its innovative programs and employees.
- has reorganized and fine-tuned our internal structure to better serve our clients and partners.
The District will continue to identify high priority resource needs within target geographic areas. The District will also continue to build upon community values and interests. We will work with landowners and partners to create community visions and goals that address resource concerns and their potential solutions.
Read stories from partners and cooperators captured during our 75th anniversary in 2016.