** Check back soon for 2016-2017 field trip availability.**
Field Trip Program Overview:
FREE field trips are available to Sound Education alumni. We'll provide hands-on environmental education activities and our enthusiastic education staff - you provide the students!
Snohomish Conservation District (SCD) is pleased to offer ten transportation grants for the 2015-2016 school year. To apply for funding, simply fill out the application included in our field trip request form. If selected for one of the grants, we'll reimburse you for up to $300 of the transportation costs associated with your trip. Funding will be prioritized for schools with free and reduced lunch rates of at least 75%.
Our Field Trips:
Story of the Stream @ Lively Environmental Center
Explore the woods and become water quality technicians in this outdoor field trip at Everett School District’s Lively Environmental Center! Students will conduct chemical and biological water quality testing at Lively Creek using real scientific equipment, take a nature walk through forested trails, and spend some time getting to know the raindrops that runoff into the stream.
What is a Wetland? @ North Creek Park
Walk along a floating boardwalk and get your hands dirty at the North Creek wetlands. During your visit to North Creek Park, students will learn the definition and function of a wetland. They’ll identify water-loving plants and soils, use scientific equipment to investigate the water that flows into North Creek, and explore the important ecological role of functional wetlands.
*Other field trip itineraries will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is eligible to apply?
Teachers working in Snohomish county who:
- have requested a two-part Sound Education lesson or
- have attended a Sound Education teacher workshop in the past two years
How can I schedule a trip?
- Our trips are available two times a year
- Fall 2015 trips can be scheduled between November 16 and November 27
- Spring 2016 trips can be scheduled between May 16 and May 27
- Fill out the request form below. Once we receive your request, we will contact you for scheduling.
What’s the fine print?
- Minimum group size is 50 students
- Maximum group size is 120 students
- A minimum of one chaperone for every six students is required (1:6 adult chaperone ratio)
- All teachers are encouraged to apply for a SCD transportation grant, but schools with free and reduced lunch rates of at least 75% will be prioritized
To request a trip, please fill out the form below. Requests received after the deadlines listed below will not be considered.
Fall Trips (November 16-27) - Request DUE by October 1
Spring Trips (May 16-27) - Request DUE by April 1