Field Trip Program Overview:
FREE field trips are available to Sound Education alumni. We'll provide hands-on environmental education activities and our enthusiastic education staff - you provide the students!
Snohomish Conservation District (SCD) is pleased to offer ten transportation grants for the 2016-2017 school year. To apply for funding, simply fill out the application included in our field trip request form. If selected for one of the grants, we'll reimburse you for up to $300 of the transportation costs associated with your trip. Funding will be prioritized for schools with free and reduced lunch rates of at least 75%.
Our Field Trips:
Story of the Stream @ Lively Environmental Center
Explore the woods and become water quality technicians in this outdoor field trip at Everett School District’s Lively Environmental Center! Students will conduct chemical and biological water quality testing at Lively Creek using real scientific equipment, take a nature walk through forested trails, and spend some time getting to know the raindrops that runoff into the stream.
What is a Wetland? @ North Creek Park
Walk along a floating boardwalk and get your hands dirty at the North Creek wetlands. During your visit to North Creek Park, students will learn the definition and function of a wetland. They’ll identify water-loving plants and soils, use scientific equipment to investigate the water that flows into North Creek, and explore the important ecological role of functional wetlands.
*Other field trip itineraries will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us directly at email@example.com
Who is eligible to apply?
Teachers working in Snohomish county who:
- have requested a Sound Education lesson (in the same school year you are taking your field trip)
How can I schedule a trip?
- Spring 2017 trips take place between May 15 and May 26, 2017
- Fill out the request form below by March 1, 2017. We will confirm that we have received your request and will ask for any additional information we need to consider your application.
- We will review completed applications, and let you know if you've been funded by March 15, 2017
What’s the fine print?
- Minimum group size is 50 students
- Maximum group size is 120 students
- A minimum of one chaperone for every six students is required (1:6 adult chaperone ratio)
- All teachers are encouraged to apply for a SCD transportation grant, but schools with free and reduced lunch rates of at least 75% will be prioritized
To request a trip, please fill out the form below. Requests received after the deadlines listed below will not be considered.
Spring Trips (May 15-26) - Request DUE by March 1, 2017