Green Schoolyard Stormwater Engineering Teacher Workshop is happening on June 27 and June 28 at Everett Community College.
From native plants to rain barrels, cisterns and rain gardens, schoolyard stormwater projects are an impactful way to teach your students about the local environment while enriching their hands-on science and engineering skills!
At this 2-day teacher workshop you will:
- Hear presentations from local experts, researchers, and engineers about the local stormwater pollution issues and solutions facing Puget Sound.
- Get trained on Drain Rangers and Pollution Solutions - standards-aligned Puget Sound-focused stormwater engineering curriculum that you can use with your students. There will be breakout sessions for both upper elementary and secondary teachers - grade levels 3-12 are welcome! And, you get to take the curriculum book home with you.
- Tour local Green Stormwater Engineering sites, including the North Everett neighborhood rain garden cluster
- Learn how to use your schoolyard to engage students in engineering design projects that make a difference for the environment, too!
- Have unit planning time built-in so you can connect what you learn in the workshop to what you will teach next year - and, while it’s still fresh!
- All Snohomish County teachers welcome!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-377-7018