COME REAP THE BENEFITS OF THE USDA RURAL ENERGY for AMERICA PROGRAM
What does this program do?
Attend this workshop to learn about this valuable program that provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
Who may apply?
· Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations
· Small businesses in eligible rural areas (business in an area other than a city or town with a population greater than 50,000 inhabitants)
These funds can be used for biomass, hydropower, solar or wind generation (large or small), high efficiency HVAC, insulation, lighting, refrigeration, doors and windows, energy for water systems, or existing equipment replacement with energy-efficient equipment.
The workshop will feature presentations made by:
· USDA Rural Development
· Northwest Agriculture Business Center
· Spark Northwest
· Sustainable Connections
· Renewable energy system installers
· Electric utility representatives
Register at: USDA REAP Workshop
When: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9AM to Noon
Where: Skagit Station Meeting Room / 105 E. Kincaid / Mount Vernon, WA 98273
For questions or more information please contact:
Brandon Hoffman | Business and Cooperative Programs Specialist
USDA Rural Development
Office Phone: 360.488.4841
This is also available through the Pierce Conservation District.