Snohomish Conservation District's Cost Share Program can help you fund your project. Please call before you begin any work to make sure your project is approved and funds are available.
Here's what you need to know:
The District has many grant opportunities that help landowners implement Best Management Practices (BMPs). Reimbursement rates depend upon the funding source, the practice you want to implement, and your location in Snohomish County or on Camano Island. Ask a District Resource Specialist what you qualify for!
- Reimbursement rates are 50%-100% (depending on grant source and practice)
- Landowner covers 100% of the costs of implementing the project up-front, and will be reimbursed after the project is fully implemented.
- The District determines eligibility for cost-share based on highest priority and the greatest likelihood of improving water quality in the local watershed.
- The District will provide you with an engineered design for your practice and instructions on maintenance.
- Labor is reimbursed at $20 per hour and is subject to prior approval.
- Projects are limited by County/State/Federal regulations and will be determined upon application.
Farm BMPs that may qualify for cost-share
- Gutters, downspouts, and underground outlets for existing buildings
- Heavy-use areas/sacrifice areas
- Use exclusions - fencing animals out of waterways, wetlands, and ditches
- Compost bins/waste storage