In 2017, Snohomish Conservation District began a partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs to host a crew similar to our Washington Conservation Corps crew, but consisting of all veterans. Other partners in this effort included The Nature Conservancy and The Boeing Company.
The Snohomish Conservation District and the Veterans Conservation Corps are excited to announce that we are ACTIVELY HIRING United States military veterans as a new crew member for the second half of our 2018 season.
These crew members will work with landowners on stormwater resource concerns within urban and residential areas of Snohomish County and Camano Island, and occasionally in other parts of the Puget Sound region. Field duties include rain garden construction, installing rain catchment systems, and habitat restoration projects including planting native species and removing invasive non-native species.
To get an idea of what it's like to be a crew member in action, please watch this short video:
This position will work on a 4-person field crew under the supervision of the Snohomish Conservation District’s (SCD) Community Conservation Team.
- Work week is Monday-Thursday, 7am-5pm
- Pay is in the form of a $2000 monthly stipend
- Two consecutive 4-month terms
- Term 1: March 1st - June 30th
- Term 2: July 1st - October 31st
- Currently accepting applications for Term 2. Crew members in good standing at the completion of Term 1 may elect to stay on for Term 2
- All safety equipment (gloves, hard hats, eye protection, ear protection, etc.) is provided
- Must be a United States military veteran to be eligible for this position
- Must have dependable transportation to and from the Snohomish Conservation District office in Lake Stevens
- Must be able to work Monday-Thursday, 7am-5pm
- To learn more about the Veterans Conservation Corps, contact: Kim Pham - Veterans Conservation Corps Internship Coordinator - email@example.com
- For more information about the job requirements, contact: Cameron Coronado - Snohomish Conservation District - firstname.lastname@example.org - 425-377-7009
- View Snohomish Conservation District's employment page here.
Recent Press about our Vet Crew
- "A Country Worth Defending is Worth Preserving" - The Nature Conservancy
- "Team of eco-friendly veterans work on conservation projects across county" - The Everett Herald