This week, we had the opportunity to gather partners around Everett and Marysville, and show Representative June Robinson some of the fantastic projects happening in the 38th district. Included in the tour were the following people, with their affiliations.
- June Robinson, Washington State Representative, 38th District
- Monte Marti, District Manager, Snohomish Conservation District
- Taylor Pesce, Veterans Conservation Corps
- Ali Trout, Washington Conservation Corps
- Apryl Hynes, City of Everett Public Works
- Nancy Ridenour, Everett Public Schools / Cascade High School
- Cascade High School Student, Gretchen Barker
- Val Streeter, Tulalip Tribes
The tour included stops at Jennings Park, Cascade High School's Rain Garden, and the Tulalip Senior Center ( a possible site for a rain garden in the future ).
Our hope with these tours is to highlight the value of partnerships. In order for us to implement projects on the ground, our relationships with both public entities, private citizens and the general public are key. We are grateful to have so many friends in conservation.
Thank you to June Robinson for taking the time to come on tour with us! And, thank you to Cody Hendrickson, Administrative Assistant in Communications for Everett Public Schools, for so many wonderful photos!